top of page
  • Writer's pictureLambs Rugby


In a thrilling and tightly contested final game of their tour, "The Lambs" rugby team faced off against the formidable "Western Province Academy" in Cape Town. The Lambs had been on an unbeaten streak, and both teams were determined to finish the tour on a high note.

The match kicked off with an explosive start as "The Lambs" quickly took the lead. Jon Taylor-Anton showcased his attacking prowess and scored the first try of the game, which was expertly converted by Mitch Guppy. The scoreboard read 7-0 in favor of "The Lambs" after just 9 minutes of play.

"The Lambs" continued to assert their dominance, and Mitch Guppy extended their lead with a successful penalty kick, making it 10-0 after 17 minutes. However, Western Province was not to be taken lightly, and they fought back with tenacity, managing to score an unconverted try after 21 minutes. The gap narrowed as the scoreline stood at 10-5.

Western Province Academy seized the momentum, and just two minutes later, they found the try line again, leveling the game at 10-10 after 23 minutes. "The Lambs" were now facing a fierce challenge from the home team.

Right before halftime, Western Province Academy capitalized on their momentum and scored a crucial converted try, taking the lead at 10-17 after 32 minutes. However, "The Lambs" weren't willing to go into halftime without a fight. On the stroke of halftime, Charlie Way executed a brilliant blindside run from the scrum, securing a try for his team. Unfortunately, the conversion attempt was unsuccessful, leaving the scoreline at 15-17 as the teams headed into the break.

The second half kicked off with high intensity, and Western Province Academy struck first, scoring an unconverted try to extend their lead to 15-22. The match was living up to its final game status, and "The Lambs" responded with vigor. Pierre Garino managed to touch down for his team, closing the gap to just two points at 20-22.

As the clock ticked down, the tension in the stadium was palpable. Western Province Academy was awarded a crucial penalty, and they didn't squander the opportunity, successfully converting the kick to take a 20-25 lead.

With the game hanging in the balance, "The Lambs" mounted a 50-meter counter-attack in the dying minutes. Showing great determination and teamwork, they managed to score a try in the corner through the efforts of Hamish. The conversion attempt to secure the victory narrowly missed, but "The Lambs" had done enough to level the match at 25-25.

The final whistle blew, and both teams had to settle for a hard-fought draw. "The Lambs" finished their tour undefeated, displaying exceptional skill and resilience throughout the match against a strong Western Province Academy side. It was a fitting end to an exciting tour, leaving fans and players alike in awe of the incredible rugby displayed on the field.



bottom of page